Is Acid Stain the Right Choice for Your Project?
Acid Stained Concrete Floor
Several factors should be considered when deciding on the material to color a new or old concrete floor, wall, or countertop. Although a most popular choice is concrete, which can be beautifully designed for both indoor and outdoor purposes. Whether you are renovating or building a home, or opening a brand new retail location, you definitely want to consider acid stained concrete
. To determine if acid stain is the right choice for your particular project, consider the following.
- Acid stain allows you to create incredible designs in a good concrete surface.
- Acid stained concrete is versatile, since it can be used for a wide range of projects inside and outside.
- You will also find that acid stain is extremely durable. When a high-quality product is used and applied appropriately, this material will provide years of flawless service. To help the stain last even longer, a protective sealant is usually added.
- Acid stain comes in a wide range of color options, including Green Lawn, English Red, Malay Tan, Walnut, and Fern. If you are having a hard time deciding on the exact color, at Moon Decorative, we sell a Sedona brand acid stain color sample kit that comes with 10 4-ounce bottles.
- If anyone in the home struggles with allergies, acid stained concrete is perfect. Unlike carpet, which attracts dirt, dust, and other allergens, concrete does not.
Although there are always some disadvantages of choosing acid stained concrete, here are some of the main considerations.
The Bottom Line
- Sometimes older concrete is not as reactive to acid stain. This is why choosing a top-of-the-line product and having the work performed by a professional is imperative.
- Although some people have successfully stained concrete on their own, this is a job best left to someone with expertise.
- Sealed concrete cannot be stained without the sealer being removed. Use a test area prior to staining the entire surface.
Acid stain is an excellent investment and can enhance both old and new concrete surfaces.
Why Buying Concrete Floor Supplies Online Is a Good Option
Whether you are a professional contractor specializing in decorative concrete or an enthusiastic DIYer who enjoys taking on new projects around the home, it is important to know where to find the best concrete floor supplies. When beginning a new project, it is vital to ensure you have the best quality materials in order to achieve optimal results. Purchasing concrete floor supplies online is an excellent option, as it allows you to benefit from a much larger selection.
As you probably know, trying to find the concrete floor supplies you need to complete a project at a small, local store can oftentimes be difficult, as the selection is likely to be limited. When buying supplies online, however, you can easily find the supplies that you need to complete your project. Whether you are looking for concrete edge forms, concrete stains or dyes, hand tools, or decorative stamps, you can find exactly what you are seeking.
Getting the Technical Support and Training You Need When Buying Concrete Floor Supplies
Additionally, by purchasing from an online specialty store, you will also usually be able to receive more guidance to assist you with completing your project. For instance, at Moon Decorative, we provide instruction to both DIYers and contractors. This type of technical support and advice can prove to be the difference between professional-looking and inferior results.
Decorative concrete has become increasingly popular in the last few years. Offering a beautiful finish at a far lower cost than more expensive flooring options, decorative concrete is now used in a wide array of applications. Knowing where to purchase the best concrete flooring supplies online can ensure you have both the training and selection you need to ensure the best possible outcome.