Using Pigments with Concrete Countertop Products
Nothing brings a room together like a cohesive décor scheme, and, for a modern kitchen, it is all about the countertops. When it comes to selecting a material for your countertops, you have a wide variety of options. If you are looking for a material that offers unbeatable durability and versatility, however, there is nothing better than concrete countertops.
Concrete Countertop Colors Available at Moon Decorative
Benefits of Concrete Countertops
When thinking about building new countertops, many homeowners gravitate toward building materials, like granite, quartz, and stainless steel. Each of these options has its pros and cons, but one thing remains certain for all three – none of them can stand up to concrete. Concrete countertops simply can’t be beat when it comes to durability and versatility – plus, they can be poured in just about any size or shape. In addition to offering a wide variety of size and shape options, concrete counters can also be colored with stains or dyes to mimic the effect of those premium materials without all the hassle. The only limits for concrete countertop products are the limits of your imagination.
Coloring Concrete Countertops
What many people love about concrete countertops is the fact that they offer so much room for customization. Concrete stamps and overlays are a great way to add pattern and texture to your concrete counters, but these are not the only options – you can also add color. There are two main types of pigment used in concrete countertops – liquid or powdered. Liquid and powdered pigments can be blended right into the concrete mix to create a fully integrated color. You can even combine two or more pigments together to achieve a multicolored look. Concrete pigments are also versatile enough that they can be matched to the existing décor elements in your home, such as cabinets, backsplash, and flooring. At Moon Decorative, we offer a variety of pigments, including products from enCOUNTER and EZTop.
No matter how you choose to customize your concrete countertops, be sure to get your materials from Moon Decorative. Not only do we offer a wide selection of concrete countertop products
, but we can also teach you how to use them. We offer training videos and hands-on training, plus we can connect you to a licensed concrete contractor if you don’t feel up to the task of building the countertops yourself. Simply put, Moon Decorative is the place to go for all of your concrete needs.
5 Common Errors When Resurfacing a Countertop With Concrete
Avoiding 5 Common Mistakes When Resurfacing a Countertop with Concrete
In addition to floors, driveways, garages, patios, walls, and walkways, concrete is one of the top materials for countertops. To ensure long-lasting beauty and wear, it is imperative that only the highest-quality materials are used for installation. However, there will come a time when resurfacing a countertop with concrete becomes inevitable.
Five Common Errors Made
Starting with the Best
- Precise Measurements – Precise water and polymer measurements are critical. When too much or too little liquid is added, concrete doesn’t perform optimally. It can become stiff or too wet. ivermectin vs permethrin Excessive water can also compromise the strength and integrity of concrete leading to cracks, shrinkage and a weak surface. ivermectin treatment for
- Over working the surface – To ensure the countertop surface is smooth, use even and fluid strokes. Be sure to cover an entire area with a single stroke for maximum uniformity and to reduce streaking.
- Damaged areas – Prior to resurfacing a countertop, make sure that any pits, cracks, and holes are properly sealed and or patched. Concrete resurfacing material can fill small voids and chips in a surface but large damaged areas can cause ghosting of the damage through the surface. Patch and fill damaged areas prior to installing the resurfacing product.
- Oil stains and residues – Concrete materials need to adhere and bond to the old surface. Cooking oils, fats and other greasy products can cause bond failure, be sure to clean and roughen up the surface of the old countertop to ensure the best bond possible. ivermectina garrapatas
- Dry and Cure times – When it is time to seal and protect the surface of the freshly resurfaced countertop, be sure to allow ample time for the cement to dry to guarantee a good finish. Moisture trapped below a sealer can cause whitening, bubbles or an imperfect surface finish. Be sure to follow manufacturers directions and always side on the precautionary when possible.
When you resurface countertops with concrete, you have a wide range of design possibilities. You can add sealant, color, textures, and more to give the countertop a personal touch. To end up with the results you want and prevent future problems, it is important to start with the highest-quality products available from moondecorative.com
Our Most Popular Decorative Concrete Countertop Products for DIY Projects
Polishing a concrete countertop
Often, people interested in decorative concrete countertops, floors, walkways, driveways, patios, and other surfaces hire a professional contractor to do the work. While there is certainly nothing wrong with this decision, thanks to companies like Moon Decorative, you can actually create your own unique surface by using the right decorative concrete products and taking full advantage of the information and training offered.
Creating Gorgeous Concrete Countertops on your own!
Moon Decorative has an incredible DIY countertop system known as enCOUNTER. In addition to being versatile, this system works great for precast and cast-in-place countertops because it will not crack and its early strength is unrivaled. This decorative concrete product can be made in sections up to 60 feet long without unsightly joints, seams, or cracks.
Countertop Resurfacing with EZ top
Using enCOUNTER products, a variety of gorgeous colors and stains can be added, giving your countertops individual personality and character. Moon Decorative also sells top-of-the-line sealers that prevent water staining and resist mold, mildew, and fungus while reducing the risk of deterioration.
Benefits of Training Materials
- enCOUNTER Mix Gray – Compared to other materials used to make countertops, this product outperforms. Some of the key benefits include endless color options; a structured material that can withstand long, unsupported spans; and it takes virtually any shape, can be polished sooner, and has a low water demand that minimizes cracking and curling.
- EZTop White Kit – This is another excellent product offered by Moon Decorative for a decorative cement countertop DIY project. This kit is a unique blend of Portland cement, Liquid SS Concentrated Polymer, and high-quality graded aggregates that create a concrete surface on existing and properly prepared substrates, including laminate.
- EZ Coating Kit – For optimal protection of your cured EZ Top surface, this coating kit is ideal. The kit is available in both matte and gloss finishes. It is used to make your new countertop more stain, chemical, and abrasion resistant while enhancing esthetics.
Along with superior products for DIY decorative concrete surfaces, Moon Decorative has a wide range of training books and DVDs. By using the company’s products in conjunction with easy-to-follow training materials, your decorative concrete surface will look as if it was installed by a trained professional. Examples of the books and DVDs offered include:
- Bob Harris Guide to Stained Concrete (book)
- Bob Harris Guide to Overlay and Toppings (book)
- Bob Harris Guide to Stamped Concrete (book)
- Casting Concrete Countertops-Bannister (book)
- Stenciled Concrete-Cast In-Place and Deck Coat (DVD)
- Bob Harris Guide to Stained Concrete 2 (DVD)
- enCOUNTER (video/DVD)
- Fossilcrete Vertical System (DVD)
Specialty Concrete Products Protect Your Countertop, Reducing the Need for Repair
Concrete Countertop Sealer
You’re proud of your enCOUNTER concrete countertop, and you want to make sure that it looks beautiful for many years to come. The good news is that’s very possible. Concrete countertops are extremely durable, and can take a fair bit of abuse before they become damaged. The bad news is, almost any material can scratch or chip. The best way to protect your enCOUNTER system is with specialty concrete products like enSPARTIC or enPOXY concrete countertop sealers/coatings.
provides a clear, high-gloss coating that cures in very little time, saving time and labor over polyurethanes and epoxies. It’s for indoor use on surfaces that have been properly prepared, and with its bonding strength and superior penetration, it will deliver years of protection from wear, abrasion and impact.
is a 2-part epoxy system that is extremely heavy-duty, and provides a food-grade surface that resists bacterial growth. It’s very durable, but takes longer to cure than enSPARTIC.
Either of the specialty concrete products will offer outstanding protection, but as we’ve said, anything can scratch. If you do end up with scratches on your countertop, you may be able to repair them yourself, assuming that the scratches are just in the sealer. All you need to do is apply some sealer to the affected areas. لعبه قمار
If there are a lot of scratches, the entire countertop will likely have to be resealed.
Of course, touch-ups have to be done properly otherwise you can make the surface look even worse. You’ll need a fine brush, a steady had, and a single-component sealer. If you use too much, just remove the excess with a paper towel. Once the sealer is dry, you can use fine sandpaper to smooth out the surface – that way the repair won’t look overly visible. You could also use nail buffing pads.
If your countertops have taken a lot of abuse, you might want to consider calling in a professional who is well-versed in the use of specialty concrete products. جدول ونتائج الألعاب الأولمبية لعام 2023
As we’ve mentioned, you could attempt to reseal the entire surface of your concrete countertop, but realistically, this is less of a DIY project than spot repair. It’s more complex, and unless you’re particularly handy, you’ll probably be better off leaving it to a pro. طول اللاعب كريستيانو رونالدو
Fortunately, a reseal job isn’t usually all that expensive, and once it’s done, you’ll get many more years of enjoyment from your concrete countertops.
Specialty Concrete Products and Finishes for Countertops
enCounter Concrete Countertop by Tony Tyner
With all the different finish options available for your enCounter professional countertop, and the specialty concrete products
that are available, there’s simply no need for anyone to have boring countertops. Concrete artisans can create stunning effects by stamping, grinding, or polishing the countertop surface, and can even add objects to the concrete for a really unique treatment. Let’s talk about some different finishes, and then we’ll tell you about an exciting new addition to the specialty concrete products lineup.
To achieve a glossy, polished appearance, countertop installers use 800-1500 grit diamond polishing pads. 5-grit would be used to expose aggregate.
This is simply an unpolished finish. Grinding would only be done if aggregate needed to be exposed. الرهانات الرياضية
Pressed or Veined Finish
This is a method of finishing the countertop that’s best left to highly skilled artisans. The process involves packing a stiff, wet concrete mix into the mold by hand, and then not vibrating the mix and slurry. In this way, a void is created, and with the right coloring in numerous slurry coats, creates a veined or pressed appearance.
Whatever type of finish you select, you’re going to want to make sure it’s protected. There are several specialty concrete products that can ensure protection. These sealants ensure that the concrete countertop will repel stains before they have the chance to actually penetrate into the concrete.
As countertops age, they will begin to develop a patina regardless of how well they’re sealed and waxed. This isn’t necessarily an undesirable thing, as the patina often adds depth to the countertop. Many people find that they actually prefer the appearance of a nicely aged concrete countertop.
What’s New in Specialty Concrete Products for Countertops?
We’re very excited about the new DYE-namic concrete countertop acetone dye
. It’s the first dye product that can be used both indoors and out. خريطة رالي داكار السعودية 2024
It’s made up of fine-ground color particles in a solution that penetrates your concrete countertop. It can be used alone, or applied over other colors to create multicolored, variegated, multi-shaded designs that are one-of-a-kind. You’ll love the effect, and how easy it is to use – it takes about a third of the time you’d need for acid or water based stains, and it requires no neutralizing or time-consuming cleanup before sealing. It’s another great way to add a unique touch to your concrete countertop! لعبة روليت للايفون