Decorative Concrete Floor Overlay In A High End Spa
Page top image size: 1000 x 500 px
When Avanti Spa was looking for a top notch floor system for their exclusive spa, they knew the functional aspect couldn’t overshadow the style and decor and decided to use a concrete floor overlay. The style of the spa was to mimic the look and feel of a spanish town, complete with cobblestone paths and slate textured walkways. The decision to use a stamped concrete overlay was a perfect decision and below is an overview of the finished project along with many of the important steps of how it was done.
In order for the spa to have a functional and themed floor system while maintaining a water resistance surface the concrete was resurfaced with a stampable overlay and then sealed with a high grade Solvent based acrylic sealer.
Click the images below to learn of the steps involved on how this Spa concrete floor overlay was done.
Here is a list of products and tools to achieve a similar stamped concrete floor overlay.
Decorative Concrete Products:
- Floor Patch / Crack Fill Material – to patch and fill cracks and holes
- Acrylic Concrete Primer – Seal and create a bond for the stampable overlay material
- Release agent – Helps the stamp mats release from the wet concrete overlay material
- Stampable concrete overlay/topping – The overlay material needed for the resurfacing and stamp pattern
- Surface Coloration – Concrete Dyes: Surface Coloration System
- Acrylic Concrete Sealer – Seals, protects and adds a glossy finish to the floor finish
- Rubber Concrete Stamp Mats: Used to imprint a pattern into the concrete overlay
- Trowels: Used for patching and applying the stampable overlay.
- Gauge Rake: Sets the thickness of the stampable overlay.
- Industrial Sprayers: Used to apply the coloration and sealer to the floor
- Stamp Grout Repair / Roller: Used to repair the stamp seams that can appear during stamping.
Back to Blog