SS Deco Guard Plus is a non-yellowing, high gloss, Siloxane Modified Methyl Methacrylate with excellent adhesion to unsealed or untreated, clean concrete substrates. SS Deco Guard Plus's unique Siloxane Modified Methyl Methacrylate formulation provides superior water and salt resistance. Improved resistance to deicing road salts, pool decks with salt water pool systems, rain, sleet and snow are achieved due to our advanced chemical reactive formula. SS Deco Guard Plus also meets cure & seal specs ASTM C 1315, Type 1, Class A & B, it can be applied directly to fresh poured concrete after all surface water has dissipated.
BENEFITS AND FEATURES
* Minimizes damage due to water and salt water from deicing road salts and salt water pool systems.
* Excellent penetration and adhesion to clean, unsealed new or old concrete.
* Non-Yellowing Siloxane Methyl Methacrylate.
* VOC Compliant formula to meet EPA Aim Regulations within the U.S. and Canada for concrete cure & seals.
Surface preparation: Concrete surface must be clean and free of all contaminants and water. Do not apply if rain is forecast within 24 hours. If moisture is present or if the surface is not clean and free of all contaminants, the sealer may have white spots and have premature delamination and failure. When applied as a cure & Seal: SS Deco Guard Plus may be applied on freshly placed concrete when all the surface water has dissipated and the surface is damp (not “wet”). Substrate temperature and ambient temperature must be no less than 50°F and not exceed 80°F. If applied outside these limits the sealer may not achieve adequate film formation and may have excessive air entrapment, bubbles, blushing or hazing. The material performs best when it’s temperature at the time of application is between 60°F–70°F. Mixing: Stir well before using. Material may separate during long-term storage. APPLICATION: Apply using an 3/8” long nap roller cover using long even uniform strokes cross rolling at approximately 200–400 square feet per gallon depending job requirements, porosity and texture of substrate. An airless sprayer containing a .519 tip size may be used as well. Thick or puddle areas may prevent the solvent from evaporating and may be susceptible to moisture intrusion which may cause milky white spots. Applying too thin may cause sealer to prematurely wear away. Allow sealer to dry for 24 hours for light traffic and at least 48 hours for heavy traffic. If applying two coats, wait approximately 4–6 hours between coats. Seasoned professionals often start with the first coat of SS Deco Guard and finish with a top coat of SS Deco Guard Plus for a maximum durability. PLEASE NOTE: It is always recommended to test the product in a small, inconspicuous area (on the same concrete substrate) for de-sired results prior to application. Coverage rates may vary for all coatings and substrates depending on porosity, density, texture etc. When applying, do not exceed 400 sq. ft. per gallon. Applying too thin of a coating may cause inadequate film formation or performance expectations may be limited. DO NOT USE ON BRICK.
Use Xylene, Acetone or MEK. Dispose of containers in accordance with local and federal regulations.
Dried, cured sealer may be removed with a commercial paint stripper, such as SS Strip-A-Lot or by using a diamond grinding method, sandblasting method or similar mechanical action.
• SS Deco will not freeze during storage, however, allow temperature to rise to 60°F prior to application.
• All HVAC ventilation ducts should be blocked prior to application so solvents fumes are not distributed. It is recommended to turn OFF the HVAC system.
• Keep away from open flames. SS Deco is flammable and is very susceptible to ignition.
• It is not recommended to apply SS Deco over carpet, tile, and other types of floor adhesives.
• Coverage rates depend upon many conditions including application method, surface porosity, applicator, etc.
• SS Deco was designed for decorative concrete and to be applied in two thin coats, not one thick coat.
• Please be aware that this product when cured may be slippery when wet.
• SS Deco is not resistant to brake fluid, gasoline, and many similar products.
• It is not recommended to thin SS Deco Guard. Improper thinning may cause sealer to delaminate in a short time frame.