The SS Rainbow Stain System is a two-part system comprised of SS Rainbow Pigment and SS Rainbow Base. 9 oz. of each of the following premixed colors: Cha-Cha, Glacier Blue, Shasta Daisy, Natural Beige, Texas Sand and Jet Black.
Apply SS Rainbow Stain with a roller, brush, high-volume/ low-pressure (HVLP) sprayer, an airless sprayer (.17 to .21 tip), or lawn and garden sprayer. Stain may also be applied with a spray bottle for smaller areas. Do not apply in temperatures lower than 45 F or higher than 90 F. Protect with two coats of quality SS Sealer.
PREPARATION: Prepare the substrate in accordance with the ICRI Guideline No. 03732 with a minimum concrete surface profile (CSP) of 1. This will insure that the surface is clean, dry, and free of grease, oil, sealers and open to receive the SS Rainbow System. Profiling may be accomplished with SS Surf Prep used full strength on a tightly machine troweled surface and diluted with as much as 2 parts water for a concrete surface that is less dense. Be sure and read the Technical Data information on SS Surf Prep. When Rainbow is applied to stamped concrete, care must be taken to remove all SS Clear Liquid Release prior to the application of SS Rainbow System. APPLICATIONs: The SS Rainbow System has two parts: pigment and base. Add the concentrated color solution to the epoxy-acrylic base. Rinse the remaining color out of the bottle with two ounces of base. Mix the solution thoroughly before AND during use to keep the pigments suspended. The recommended application method is an high volume low pressure sprayer (HVLP). It may also be applied with an airless sprayer (.17 – .21 tip), roller, brush, garden sprayer or a spray bottle for smaller areas. Be aware that puddling may cause separation of pigments and distortion of color. Conduct tests whenever possible to affirm color choices and techniques prior to application on the larger project. Do not apply in temperatures lower than 45°F or more than 90°F. SEALING: Apply SS Sealers after 4 hours of dry conditions and 70°F temperatures. WAXING: SS Cherry Wax can be applied to protect the sealer.
Use warm soapy water. Dispose of containers in accordance with local and federal regulations.
SS Strip-A-Lot can be used.
SS Rainbow Water-Borne pigment and base has a shelf life of one year in it’s original, sealed, unopened container.
• SS Rainbow Water-Borne pigment and base should be protected from freezing.
• Coverage rates depend upon many conditions including application method, surface porosity, applicator, etc.
• SS Rainbow Water-Borne System may be mixed to form various colors. Note, we cannot be held responsible for color outcome.
• SS Rainbow Water-Borne pigment and base should be kept away from children.
• The statements made within this technical data sheet, SDS, product labels, etc are guidelines only. The end user should always perform tests and product evaluations prior to application to ensure suitability for particular uses.