SS EpoSeal 38 is a non-yellowing, Water Based Epoxy-Acrylic sealer designed for interior concrete applications. SS EpoSeal 38 is a superior high solids, high gloss sealer ideal for interior, horizontal or vertical concrete and masonry finishes. SS EpoSeal 38 is self cross linking, which provides better film formation, early water resistance, adhesion, toughness and outstanding efflorescence and alkali resistance. It can be applied to green concrete. SS EpoSeal 38 provides enhanced performance over traditional acrylics with better flexibility, chemical resistance, non-blushing, adhesion, durability and hot tire resistance. SS EpoSeal 20 is the recommended primer to receive the heavier bodied SS EpoSeal 38 for increased durability.
BENEFITS AND FEATURES
* Can be used as a means of dust proofing most concrete surfaces.
* Epoxy and acrylic properties give this product a tough durable finish.
* Superior satin gloss film formation due to high solids content.
* Superior efflorescence and alkali resistance compared to common solvent based acrylic sealers.
SS EpoSeal 20 is recommended for use on stamped concrete, stenciled concrete, acid stained concrete, overlaid concrete, trowel finish concrete, and many other forms of interior or exterior decorative concrete.
Surface preparation: Concrete surface must be clean and free of all contaminants and water. Do not apply if moisture could be present within 24 hours. If moisture is present or if the surface is not clean and free of all contaminants, the sealer may have white spots and have premature delamination and failure. Substrate temperature must be no less than 50°F and not exceed 85°F. If applied outside these limits the sealer may not achieve adequate film formation and may have excessive air entrapment, bubbles, blushing or hazing. Mixing: Stir well before using. Material may separate during long-term storage. APPLICATION: Apply using a 3/8″—½” nap roller cover using long even uniform strokes at approximately 250–400 square feet per gallon depending on porosity and texture of substrate. A hand held pump up style sprayer may be used as well (Back rolling may be necessary when spraying). Due to high solids content, please test sprayer prior to entire application. Do not allow to puddle! Thick or puddle areas may prevent the water from evaporating and may be susceptible to moisture intrusion which may cause milky white spots. Applying too thin may cause sealer to prematurely delaminate, flake or wear away. Allow sealer to dry for 24 hours for light traffic and at least 48 hours for heavy traffic. If applying two coats, wait approximately 4–6 hours between coats. PLEASE NOTE: It is always recommended to test the product in a small, inconspicuous area (on the same concrete substrate) for desired results prior to application. Coverage rates may vary for all coatings and substrates depending on porosity, density, texture etc. If applying by spray method, extended coverage rates may be achieved, but be aware that less material will be applied and inadequate film formation or performance expectations may be limited.
Use soap and warm water. Dispose of containers in accordance with local and federal regulations.
Dried, cured acrylic may be removed with a commercial stripper, but recommended removal is by way of mechanical means, including sanding, shot blasting, etc.
• SS EpoSeal 20 will freeze during storage. Do not store in areas where temperatures will drop below 32°F.
• It is recommended to store this product in an area where the temperature is between 50°F and 80°F.
• Do not allow SS EpoSeal 20 to be subject to any form of rain or moisture for 18–24 hours after application.
• It is not recommended to apply SS EpoSeal 20 over carpet, tile, and other types of floor adhesives.
• Coverage rates depend upon many conditions including application method, surface porosity, applicator, etc.
• SS EpoSeal 20 was designed for decorative concrete and to be applied in two or three thin coats, not one thick coat.
• Please be aware that this product when cured may be slippery when wet.
• SS EpoSeal 20 should never be thinned or mixed with any form of solvent. Improper thinning may cause sealer to delaminate in a short time frame.
• SS EpoSeal 20 may slightly darken the surface of many new and existing concrete slabs. Test prior to use.
• Keep away from children.