SS Polyaspartic 70% is a two-component Polyaspartic Aliphatic Polyurea utilizing innovative proprietary Nanotechnology . It provides a high gloss clear coating. It's extremely quick curing time provides unmatched labor saving capabilities above epoxies and polyurethanes. SS Polyaspartic 70% can be used for most types of interior applications over properly prepared surfaces. It's superior penetration and bonding strength can provide years of abrasion, impact, and wear resistance. SS Polyaspartic 70% yields chemical splash and spill resistance as well as hot tire pick-up resistance much like it's epoxy counterpart. SS Polyaspartic 70% can be used easily in conjunction with quartz, chip, and rubberized aggregate systems.
BENEFITS AND FEATURES
* Provides ultimate abrasion, impact and wear resistance far exceeding other coating products.
* It's excellent penetrating and bonding capabilities provide many years of durability.
* Highly economical considering the labor that can be saved by the shortened curing and application times.
SS Polyaspartic 70% is recommended for use on interior concrete floors and other cementitious surfaces where a high gloss chemically cured coating is recommended.
Surface preparation: The concrete surface must be deemed mechanically and structurally sound, completely clean, and dry. To achieve the above desired results, a mechanical grinding method should be performed to an approximate 50–100 grit profile to insure flatness of the substrate, to remove surface impurities, and to profile the surface of the floor to a CSP-2, as recommended by the ICRI Technical Guideline No. 03732. If mechanical means of preparation are not suitable, it is recommended to prepare the surface with a muriatic acid solution of 1 pt. acid to 4 pts. water. Note, if using SS Surf Prep as preparation method, the final rinse should contain a neutralizing agent such as ammonia or baking soda and water. PotLife: Expected workable pot life after mixing Part A and Part B is approximately 25–30 minutes at a common temperature range of 70°F–80°F at roughly 50% relative humidity. Please note that higher temperatures and high humidity will shorten pot life, as colder temperatures and lower humidity will extend the coatings pot life. Mixing: Proper mixing is pertinent to application success. In equal parts (1:1), mix Part A and Part B using a clean, dry working pot (mixing container). Stir contents approximately 30–60 seconds. Avoid over-mixing or creating a vortex which could introduce moisture content to the mixture. No induction time is required prior to use, nor after mixing. If integrating anti-skid media agents, only do so after Parts A & B have been thoroughly mixed. Application: SS Polyaspartic 70% should be completed using a 3/8” synthetic nap, phenolic core roller, or a lambs wool cover for pigmented, stained floors, or media coats. Use a foam squeegee and back roll with the roller over media floors (quartz or chips). It is recommended to use only 18” wide squeegees and rollers. If considering using airless application method, consult the manufacturer prior to application. Please note that the use of pump-up style spray bottle may create visible bubbles, blisters, and pinholes and is not recommended.
Use Xylene. Dispose of containers in accordance with local and federal regulations.
Dried, cured polyaspartic may be removed by using a diamond grinding method, sandblasting method or similar mechanical action. Paint strippers will not remove this product when cured.
SS Polyaspartic 70% has a shelf life of up to 12 months in it’s original, sealed, unopened containers.
• SS Polyaspartic 70% will not freeze during storage, however, allow temperature to rise to 50°F prior to application.
• All HVAC ventilation ducts should be blocked prior to application so solvents fumes are not distributed. It is recommended to turn OFF the HVAC system.
• Keep away from open flames. SS Polyaspartic 70% is flammable and is susceptible to ignition.
• It is not recommended to apply SS Polyaspartic 70% to any floor without recommended preparation. • Coverage rates depend upon many conditions including application method, surface porosity, applicator, etc.
• SS Polyaspartic 70% was designed for interior applications only. Exterior applications may not provide adequate adhesion.
• Please be aware that this product when cured may be slippery when wet.
• SS Polyaspartic 70% has resistance to many chemicals, however testing chemical resistance is always recommended.
• It is not recommended to thin SS Polyaspartic 70%. It is a two component system which must be blended exact to specifications.
• SS Polyaspartic 70% may darken the surface of many new and existing concrete slabs. Test prior to use.
• Keep out of reach of children!
• Use appropriate personal safety protection gear such as particle masks, eye protection and gloves.
• The statements made within this technical data sheet, SDS, product labels, etc are guidelines only. The end user should always perform tests and product evaluations prior to application to ensure suitability for particular uses.