SS Surf Prep is an economical, concentrated acid based micro etching solution designed for superior profiling of unsealed slick trowel concrete surfaces. It provides the necessary characteristics to properly profile a floor prior to applying stain or other coatings without the harsh hazards of using muriatic acid. SS Surf Prep slightly opens the pores to allow adequate adhesion for concrete coatings, and better acid staining color development and reaction. It's excellent cleaning properties allow removal of mud stains, rust, and corrosion deposits from a multitude of concrete substrates.
BENEFITS AND FEATURES
* Formulated as an economical, concentrated solution which can be diluted up to 4:1 with water
* The safe replacement to muriatic acid.
* Deeply penetrating formula that quickly and efficiently lifts off stains with minimal effort.
* The perfect preparation agent for staining, sealing, or any other coating applications.
SURFACE PREPARATION: Always test surface to be treated prior to application. This product will not work properly over coated concrete surfaces and is not to be used as a chemical coating stripper. Sweep all trash and debris off the area to be cleaned and prepared. Protect all areas not to be cleaned and prepared. Mask off all adjacent surfaces with painter’s tape or plastic duct tape. Use a plastic or coated cardboard as a spray shield. Plastic or polyethylene sprayers and buckets are recommended for application. MIXING: Dilute SS Surf Prep with water to desired dilution rate: Full Strength……For extreme stains, burnished slabs or toppings 1 water to 1 part Surf Prep …..For Rainbow Stain 3 water to 1 part Surf Prep …..For Acid Stain 4 water to 1 part Surf Prep……For cleaner APPLICATION: Using a polyethylene pump–up sprayer, apply at a rate of up to 150–300 sq. ft. per gallon of finished product (diluted or straight). An acid brush may be used to brush in material for a better application. Always use an acid resistant plastic sprayer and acid resistant brush. For interior work, allow 5–10 minutes for proper reaction, and rinse thoroughly with water by mop with a water and ammonia solution or baking soda to neutralize the surface for proper pH level. Remove standing water with a wet vacuum. Repeat until floor is clean and free of all material. Caution: do not allow SS Surf Prep to dry out. Allow the area to dry 18–24 hours. The floor is now prepared for most any stain or coating application. PLEASE NOTE: When using this product for acid stain preparation, the neutralization process should be done after the acid stain is applied instead of after the preparation process.
Use warm soap and water. Dispose of containers in accordance with local and federal regulations.
SS Surf Prep has a shelf life of one year in its original, sealed, unopened container.
• SS Surf Prep will freeze. It is recommended to store in an area between 50ºF and 85ºF.
• All HVAC ventilation ducts should be blocked prior to application so acidic fumes are not distributed.
• SS Surf Prep is corrosive. Proper protection should be worn during application.
• It is not recommended to apply SS Surf Prep over carpet, tile, and other types of floor adhesives.
• Coverage rates depend upon many conditions including application method, surface porosity, applicator, etc.
• SS Surf Prep was designed for interior concrete and exterior concrete.
• Be aware that using this product will etch concrete surfaces. Slight discoloration may result as well.
• SS Surf Prep may be diluted. Note, the higher the dilution rate, the less strength to clean and etch.
• Once SS Surf Prep is applied to bare, cured concrete, it will etch the floor! Please test prior to use.
• Keep away from children. Distributed by SS Specialties | 121 NE 40th Street |Oklahoma City, OK 73105 USA | Phone 866-906-2006 | Fax 405-526-2008 www.ssspecialtiesconcrete.com Page 2, SSSurfPrepTechData 06/01/16 SPECIAL NOTES Please consult Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and read Warranty info
There are no reviews yet.