SS Enhancing Repellent is an active water-based silicone water repellent and impregnating agent for porous masonry surfaces such as concrete, block and
unglazed tile in foot traffic areas. CLEAR application that enhances colored and stained concrete, decorative stones, pavers and cementitious overlays with
no film build! SS Enhancing Repellent penetrates and chemically bonds deep within the substrate to provide long lasting protection against deterioration or
staining due to water conditions. SS Enhancing Repellent will not impair the natural breathing characteristics of treated substrates, nor will it produce a
film. SS Enhancing Repellent will help concrete and masonry surfaces to resist common issues such as cracking, efflorescence, spalling, staining, and other
damages caused by intrusion of water or saltwater. Will not change the feel of the surface, is not slick, and is easily maintained. Use this product on
foot traffic areas only.
BENEFITS AND FEATURES
Enhances color of the concrete.
Deeply penetrating porous surfaces, it provides superior water repellency, while allowing surface to breathe.
Containing low VOC’s and being water based allows for safe application in occupied buildings.
Provides excellent resistance to biological growth.
Superior efflorescence and strong alkali resistance compared to common solvent based acrylic sealers.
Contains low VOC content making this product legal for sale to most regions of the US and Canada.
Surface preparation: Prior to surface preparation, protect people, property, automobiles, plants and any other non-masonry surfaces and objects from the material, wind drift, and splash, residue, and fumes of the material. Protecting and diverting pedestrians and automobile traffic is also recommended. Proper surface preparation is highly important. Surfaces must be free from oils, dirt, dust, grease, curing compounds, other coatings, efflorescence, and laitance before applying to the visibly dry and absorbent surface. Please note that excessive moisture inhibits good penetration, which can reduce the life and performance of the coating. The temperatures of the air and the surface are very pertinent aspects of applying any coating. The minimum temperature of the air and surface must be at least 40°F during application, and for at least 8 hours after. If freezing conditions exist prior to application, it is highly recommended that the substrate be allowed to fully thaw. Should this recommendation not be followed, the product may not yield adequate protective properties. Also, air and surface temperatures should never exceed 80°F. Mixing: Lightly stir before using. Material may separate during long term storage. Application: Proper equipment should be used when applying SS Enhancing Repellent. A brush, roller, or low pressure sprayer should be used to apply. If using a sprayer, be sure the psi is no greater than 20. Set the sprayer to achieve a good, wet stream, avoiding atomization of the product. Be sure that any container used for mixing or material handling is clean, free of any debris, and uncontaminated. Before applying material, please read the entire Technical Data Sheet for proper preparation, application, and to be sure to follow all safety measures guide lined in this report. Always test any substrate before overall application to ensure desired results. Please test using the following application instructions. Also, let the test area dry completely before final inspection and approval. Horizontal application instructions: Apply SS Enhancing Repellent at a rate of 100–300 sq. ft. per gallon depending upon surface type and porosity. Broom out puddles until surface is penetrated. Reapply a second coat once sheen from first coat has dissipated. Less material may be sufficient for a second coat. Once again, broom out any puddles until material has penetrated. This is a “wet-on-wet” application. Coated surfaces should dry to touch in approximately one hour. The coated substrate should be protected from weathering conditions for at least 24 hours after application. Water and oil repellency should develop within 24 hours. A neutral pH surface may need several days to achieve full water repellency. VERTICAL application instructions: For best results, apply SS Enhancing Repellent “wet-on-wet” at a rate of 100–300 sq. ft. per gallon depending upon surface type and porosity, to a dry and absorbent surface. When using a sprayer, saturate from the bottom up while applying enough material for a 4”–8” rundown below the spray contact point. Let the first www.ssspecialtiesconcrete.com Page 2, SSEnhancingRepellent_TechData 08/09/17 Distributed by SS Specialties | 121 NE 40th Street |Oklahoma City, OK 73105 USA | Phone 866-906-2006 | Fax 405-525-3367 application penetrate the substrate for at least 5–10 minutes. Reapply the material; less material will be needed for the second application. The second coat is need for maximum protection. When using a brush or roller application, saturate the surface uniformly, allowing SS Enhancing Repellent to penetrate for 5–10 minutes. Brush out heavy runs and drips that show signs of no penetration. Reapply the material; less material will be needed for the second application. Again, the second coat is need for maximum protection. PLEASE NOTE: It is always recommended to test the product in a small, inconspicuous area (on the same concrete substrate) for desired results prior to application. Coverage rates may vary for all coatings and substrates depending on porosity, density, texture etc. When applying, do not exceed 400 sq. feet per gallon. Applying too thin of a coating may cause inadequate film formation or performance expectations may be limited. Do not use on brick.
Use soap and warm water. Dispose of containers in accordance with local and federal regulations.
Coating deeply penetrates surface. Removal is not recommended.
SS Enhancing Repellent has a shelf life of one year in it’s original, sealed, unopened container.
• This product will freeze during storage and transportation. Store at temperatures about 40°F. Do not allow to freeze!
• SS Enhancing Repellent is not recommended for substrates intended for vehicle traffic. Foot traffic only.
• Do not allow this product to be subjected to any form of rain or moisture for 24 hours after application.
• It is not recommended to apply carpet, tile or other types of floor adhesives on top of cured product.
• This product should not change the slip coefficient of the concrete surface.
• This products should be applied as two coats, not one heavy coat.
• SS Enhancing Repellent was designed for a water repellent on porous surfaces. It is not intended as a decorative top coat.
• Please know that it may take up to 48 hours for this product to obtain its full water repellency properties.
• It is not recommended to thin product. Improper thinning may cause sealer to not perform adequately.
• This product is not resistant to brake fluid, gasoline, and many similar products. • Adhesion of cementations coatings, stucco, plaster, etc may be adversely affected.
• This product will not keep water out of cracks, defects, or open joints.
• This product is harmful if swallowed. Abide by recommended safety guidelines.
• Proper protection must be worn during application. See SDS for more information.
• The statements made within this Technical Data Sheet, SDS, product labels, etc are guidelines only. The end user should always perform tests and product evaluations prior to application to ensure suitability for particular uses.
There are no reviews yet.