SS Polishing Densifier is an environmentally friendly, VOC free, lithium silicate concrete floor densifier, hardener, and sealer. SS Polishing Densifier is designed to penetrate untreated, bare concrete surfaces providing a permanent glossy, dust proof floor. SS Polishing Densifier reacts quickly with the floor surface to produce initial and ultimate hardness. SS Polishing Densifier shows great effectiveness when used in conjunction with a floor polishing machine, yielding a highly protected, hardened, and densified floor.
BENEFITS AND FEATURES
* VOC Compliant, non-flammable, and odorless formula for easy indoor use.
* Effective on new and old concrete surfaces and very easy to maintain. Combats surface ASR.
* A safer floor surface. Provides excellent non-slip, high traction properties.
* Yields a UV stable, superior sheen, and resistance to abrasion and scuffing.
SURFACE PREPARATION: Protect all people, property, and plants not to be treated with SS Polishing Densifier as product splash and wind drift could occur. Do not apply to any surface that is dirty, frozen, or heavily saturated or flooded with water. Surface must be clean and free of all debris, dry, and absorbent. Mist water in a small area to test the surface for absorbency. Any surface to be treated should uniformly wet out. If the surface to be treated does not wet out uniformly, it is then recommended to prepare the surface mechanically to remove any remaining surface contaminants. MIXING: No mixing is necessary prior to application. APPLICATION: New (Uncured) Concrete: It is not traditionally recommended to apply SS Polishing Densifier to concrete earlier than 28 days. If this application is necessary, ensure the removal of all soft cut saw debris prior to application. Apply after final troweling at a rate of 800–1,000 sq. ft. per gallon using an industrial grade sprayer with a 0.5 gal./min. fan tip, lint free mop, or soft bristle push broom. Ensure floor saturation for 15–20 minutes, removing any puddle areas with a soft bristle push broom or mop. Apply more SS Polishing Densifier to areas that appear to be more porous and are absorbing the material more. Rework any excess material with a soft bristle broom as to allow the material to dry evenly. Remove any excess or residue with a stiff bristle broom or dry pad floor buffer. Existing Concrete: Apply at a rate of 600–800 sq. ft. per gallon using an industrial grade sprayer with a 0.5 gal./min. fan tip, lint free mop, or soft bristle push broom. Ensure floor saturation for 15–20 minutes, removing any puddle areas with a soft bristle push broom. Apply more SS Polishing Densifier to areas that appear to be more porous and are absorbing the material more. Rework any excess material with a soft bristle broom as to allow the material to dry evenly. Remove any excess or residue with a stiff bristle broom or dry pad floor buffer. Polished Concrete: After completing the 400 grit stage of polishing, apply a saturating, uniform coat of SS Polishing Densifier at a rate of 400–600 sq. ft. per gallon using an industrial grade sprayer with a 0.5 gal./min. fan tip, lint free mop, or soft bristle push broom, ensuring floor saturation for 15–20 minutes. Do not allow to puddle. Allow to dry. Follow through with additional polishing steps until desired appearance is achieved. Additional applications of SS Polishing Densifier can be added at any stage before the final polishing phase is done if necessary at a rate of 600–800 sq. ft. per gallon. Allow to dry. Remove any excess residue with polishing diamonds or polishing pads. Flushing with water is not necessary. Note: For softer concrete an initial application of SS Polishing Densifier can be applied after the 80 grit stage prior to the standard polishing steps to achieve a harder surface. PLEASE NOTE: It is always recommended to test the product in a small, inconspicuous area (on the same concrete substrate) for desired results prior to application. Coverage rates may vary for all coatings and substrates depending on porosity, density, texture etc. If applying by spray method, extended coverage rates may be achieved, but be aware that less material will be applied and performance expectations may be limited.
Use warm soap and water. Dispose of containers in accordance with local and federal regulations.
SS Polish Densifier has a shelf life of one year in its original, sealed, unopened container.
• SS Polishing Densifier will freeze. It is recommended to store in an area between 40°F–85°F recommended.
• Do not puddle or apply in thick coats. SS Polishing Densifier should be applied only as explained above. Distributed by Cimarron Wholesale | 125 NE 40th Street |Oklahoma City, OK 73105 USA | Phone 866-906-2006 | Fax 405-526-2008 www.ssspecialtiesconcrete.com Page 2, SSPolishingDensifierTechData 07/07/14
• SS Polishing Densifier is harmful if swallowed. Abide by recommended safety guidelines.
• Coverage rates depend upon many conditions including application method, surface porosity, applicator, etc…
• SS Polishing Densifier is not a curing compound. Use on concrete less than 3 days old may result in a reduction of effectiveness.
• The use of high alkaline or acidic cleaners on the treated surface is not recommended and can be damaging.
• The statements made within the technical data sheet, SDS, product labels, etc are guidelines only. The end user should always perform tests and product evaluations prior to application to ensure suitability for particular uses.
There are no reviews yet.